Easy Homemade Oven-baked s’mores – marshmallowy, chocolatey and no campfire or roasting sticks needed! Promise!
Homemade oven s’mores are the perfect treat to make anytime you’re in the mood for something sweet but don’t have the patience or desire to wait too long to satisfy your sweet-tooth craving! S’mores are a favorite treat to eat in our home and I’m sure you and your family are going to love them, too!
Made in the oven s’mores take less than five minutes to make and you only need 3 ingredients.
Post updated March, 2020
With this easy homemade oven-baked s’mores recipe, you’ll be able to make your classic hot-and-ooey-gooey-s’mores or your not so typical cold-and-chewy-s’mores.
Did you say cold s’mores? Yes!!!
Have you ever had a cold s
What you’ll need to make oven-baked s’mores
- A baking sheet or cookie sheet
- Honey Graham Crackers
- Chocolate bars
Overview: How to Make Oven Baked S’mores
- Line graham crackers onto a baking sheet and top with marshmallows. You can make as many as will fit on your baking sheet or you can just make a serving for one.
- Pop baking sheet under a preheated broiler for 1-2 minutes until marshmallows are toasted.
- Take the baking sheet with toasted marshmallows out of the oven and place it on a preheated surface. Then top each marshmallow with a piece of chocolate and place back under the broiler to speed up the melting process for about 5-10 seconds.
- Then take the baking sheet out of the oven and cover with a second piece of graham cracker on top. The flat side of the cracker should be faced down and touching the chocolate.
Making Cold S’mores
Cold s’mores are made similarly to hot s’mores. The only difference is that they are placed in the fridge after they are baked until they become cold and chewy. Easy!
I’ve been making hot and cold s
Actually, we all did! Now I pretty much have to always make hot s
Make oven-baked s’mores before you go to bed and the next day you’ll have the perfect accompaniment to your morning coffee.
I make them all year round and they are honestly one of the easiest sweet treats you can make with the kids! I always make them any time I’m having kids over and the kids just love them hot or cold!
Can I Make S’mores Ahead of Time?
Cold s’mores are perfect to make ahead of time! You can make the s’mores up to 2 days in advance by keeping them individually wrapped in tin foil and placed into the fridge until ready to serve. Keep them in the fridge for up to 5 days, but I found that they taste best when eaten within 2 days.
Serve them cold or pop them into a pre-heated oven for about 5-7 minutes until they warm up. Then unwrap and place them on your serving plate.
Tip: You can break the graham crackers in half to make them into smaller snack sizes if you’re baking a big batch for a crowd. Or, if you have self-control and just want to eat a smaller piece.
Personally, I could never do that because I want to eat the whole thing! I’m an all or nothing kinda gal. Eating half now and the other
Honestly, if I wasn’t so concerned about the calories, I’d do a double layer of marshmallows and have chocolate on the top, in the middle and on the bottom.
Do you feel me?
This post may contain affiliate links, which means, if you make a purchase from my link, I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here for my full Disclosure Policy.
You only need three ingredients to make oven-baked s’mores. Super quick and simple as can be!
Start by laying out the graham crackers onto a baking sheet. You can break the crackers in half if you want to make smaller s’mores.
Then add marshmallows on top of each cracker. I’m using marshmallows specifically made for s’mores, but if you can’t find these then feel free to use any type of marshmallows you have on-hand. Large, jumbo or even mini marshmallows work totally fine!
Now it’s time to pop the baking sheet underneath a pre-heated broiler. Broil for about 1 to 2 minutes or until they are toasted. You can make them lightly toasted or very toasted depending on your preference.
Take them out of the oven and place on top of a heatproof surface.
Then top each one with a piece of chocolate.
Place baking sheet back under the broiler for about 15 seconds so that the chocolate melts a little faster. You don’t have to do this step, but I like to make sure the chocolate melts extra quickly.
Take the baking sheet back out of the oven.
Now place a graham cracker on top each s’more. Press down so that the marshmallows and chocolate start oozing out to the sides.
You can either eat them hot right away or place s’mores on a piece of foil paper.
Bring up two ends together and wrap.
Pop into the fridge for about three hours or over night. Leaving them over night makes them extra chewy and even more delicious!
I had to snap a few pictures while the s’mores were still hot.
After they’ve been in the fridge for a few hours, unwrap and serve!
Who knew s’mores can be so elegant?
This picture was taken the next morning. That marshmallow looks so chewy, doesn’t it?
You can break it half without the mess. Half now and half for later, if you’re disciplined, lol!
Oven-baked s’mores snack suggestion. . .
If your kids do a lot of sports or activities, oven s’mores make a great take-along snack. You can make these the night before, by baking them and wrapping each s’more individually in a piece of tin foil, then place them in the fridge.
The next day, put them into a large ziplock bag and pop them into a cooler to keep them cold. You can take them with you to all the kids’ sports events! If you make a big batch to give out to the other kids, they’re going to love you! How fun!
- 16 Large Marshmallows
- 16 Honey Graham Crackers
- 6 Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars
- Pre-heat broiler oven and set baking sheet to the side
- Pre-cut 8 pieces of foil (about 6 inches wide) and place to the side
- Unwrap Hershey's milk chocolate bars and place them on a separate plate and put aside.
- Place 8 Honey Graham crackers onto baking sheet (bottom of crackers facing upwards)
- Place 2 or 3 marshmallows on each graham cracker that you have already placed on the baking sheet
- Put the Baking sheet in the oven under the broiler
- Broil for about 1 minute or until smore's have reached the desired charred color
- Take baking sheet out of oven and set it down on top of a heat resistance surface
- Place 2 pieces of Hershey's chocolate on top of each marshmallow
- Place the baking sheet back under the broiler for about 10 seconds more
- Take baking sheet back out of the oven
- Place a graham cracker on top of each chocolate and marshmallow base
- Press the top of each graham cracker down so that the marshmallow and chocolate oozes out to the sides
- With a spatula, lift up graham cracker and place it on top of the piece of prepared foil
- Wrap each s'more in foil
- Place in the refrigerator for about 3 hours or overnight
Love this recipe? Share the love by pinning it and sharing 🙂
Love & Hugs,