Oven-Baked S’mores are marshmallowy, chocolatey, and no campfire or roasting sticks needed! Promise! Homemade oven s’mores are the perfect treat to make anytime you’re in the mood for something sweet but don’t have the patience or desire to wait too long to satisfy your sweet-tooth craving!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.
S’mores are a favorite treat to eat in our home and I’m sure you and your family are going to love them, too!
These s’mores take less than five minutes to make and you only need 3 ingredients!
With this easy homemade oven-baked s’mores recipe, you’ll be able to make your classic hot and ooey-gooey s’mores or your not so typical cold-and-chewy s’mores.
Did you say cold s’mores? Yes!!!
Have you ever had a cold s
Ingredients to make oven-baked s’mores
- Honey Graham Crackers
- Chocolate bars
Quick Overview: How to Make Oven Baked S’mores
Full recipe and instructions are in the printable recipe card below, but let’s go over the steps quickly here:
- Line graham crackers onto a baking sheet and top with marshmallows.
- Pop baking sheet under a preheated broiler for 1-2 minutes until marshmallows are toasted.
- Take the baking sheet with toasted marshmallows out of the oven and place it on a heat resistant surface. Top each marshmallow with a piece of chocolate and place back under the broiler to speed up the melting process for about 5-10 seconds.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven, cover with a second piece of graham cracker on top. The flat side of the cracker should be faced down and touching the chocolate.
Making Cold S’mores
Cold s’mores are made similarly to hot s’mores. The only difference is that they are placed in the fridge after they are baked until they become cold and chewy. Easy!
I’ve been making hot and cold s
Actually, we all did!
Now I pretty much always have to make both hot s
Make oven-baked s’mores before you go to bed and the next day you’ll have the perfect accompaniment to your morning coffee.
I make them all year round and they are honestly one of the easiest sweet treats you can make with the kids! I always make them any time I’m having kids over and the kids just love them hot or cold!
Can I Make S’mores Ahead of Time?
Cold s’mores are perfect to make ahead of time! You can make the s’mores up to 2 days in advance by keeping them individually wrapped in tin foil and stored into the fridge until ready to serve. Keep them in the fridge for up to 5 days, but I found that they taste best when eaten within 2-3 days.
Serve them cold or pop them into a pre-heated oven for about 5-7 minutes until they warm up. Then unwrap and place them on your serving plate.
Tip: You can break the graham crackers in half to make them into smaller snack sizes if you’re baking a big batch for a crowd. Or, if you have self-control and just want to eat a smaller piece.
Personally, I could never do that because I want to eat the whole thing! I’m an all or nothing kinda gal. Eating half now and the other
Honestly, if I wasn’t so concerned about the calories, I’d do a double layer of marshmallows and have chocolate on the top, in the middle, and on the bottom.
Do you feel me?
Step 1: Place graham crackers onto a baking sheet, flat side up. You can break the crackers in half if you want to make smaller s’mores.
Step 2: Add marshmallows on top of each cracker. I’m using Smore Mallows which are marshmallows specifically made for s’mores, but if you can’t find these then feel free to use any type of marshmallows you have on-hand. Large, jumbo, or even mini marshmallows work totally fine! Just be sure you add enough to cover most of the surface of the crackers.
Step 3: Place the baking sheet underneath a pre-heated broiler. Broil for about 1 to 2 minutes or until they are toasted. You can make them lightly toasted or very toasted depending on your preference.
Step 4: Take the baking sheet out of the oven and place onto a heat resistant surface.
Step 5: Add chocolate on top of toasted marshmallows. piece of chocolate.
Step 6: Place the baking sheet back under the broiler for about 15 seconds so that the chocolate melts a little faster. You don’t have to do this step, but I like to make sure the chocolate melts extra quickly.
Step 7: Take the baking sheet back out of the oven and place a graham cracker on top of each s’more. Press down so that the marshmallow and chocolate start oozing out to the sides.
To Make Cold & Chewy S’mores
Place s’mores on a piece of foil paper.
Bring up two ends together and wrap.
Pop into the fridge for about four hours or overnight. Leaving them in the fridge overnight makes them extra chewy and even more delicious!
After they’ve been in the fridge for a few hours, unwrap and serve!
Who knew s’mores can look so elegant?
This picture was taken the next morning. That marshmallow looks so chewy, doesn’t it?
You can break it in half without the mess. Half now and half for later, if you’re disciplined, lol!
Oven-baked s’mores snack suggestion. . .
If your kids do a lot of sports or activities, oven s’mores make a great take-along snack. You can make these the night before, by baking them and wrapping each s’more individually in a piece of tin foil, then place them in the fridge.
The next day, put them into a large ziplock bag and pop them into a cooler to keep them cold. You can take them with you to all the kids’ sports events! If you make a big batch to give out to the other kids, they’re going to love you! How fun!
More Easy & Delicious Recipes!
- 8 large marshmallows or smore mallows
- 8 honey graham crackers
- 2 Hershey's milk chocolate bars
- Preheat broiler oven and set baking sheet to the side
- Unwrap Hershey's milk chocolate bars and place them on a separate plate, put aside.
- Place 4 Honey Graham crackers onto a baking sheet (bottom side of the crackers facing upwards). Then place 2 to 3 large marshmallows on top of each graham cracker.
- Place the baking sheet under the oven broiler and broil for about 1 minute or until s'mores have reached the charred color you desire.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and set it down on top of a heat resistance surface.
- Place 2 pieces of Hershey's chocolate on top of each marshmallow.
- Then place the baking sheet back under the broiler for about 10 seconds so that the chocolate gets warm and begins to melt.
- Take the baking sheet back out of the oven and add another graham cracker on top of each chocolate and marshmallow base.
- Press the top of each graham cracker down so that the marshmallow and chocolate ooze out to the sides.
- With a spatula, lift up graham cracker and serve on a plate.
- If refrigerating, cut out a 6-inch piece of foil paper for each s'more, place one s'more on each piece of tin foil, and wrap. Then place each s'more in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 5g