One of my favorite things to eat is goat cheese! This herbed goat cheese dip recipe is so rich and decadent that it’s going to have you coming back for more!
It’s just one of those recipes that you would expect to be served as an appetizer at a super fancy dinner, but don’t let that intimidate you because it’s super simple to make!
Some might say that goat cheese has that little bit of an acquired taste to it, but the added cream cheese and parmesan cheese in this recipe lighten up the strong goat cheese flavor. Thyme and chives add the perfect light and subtle herb flavor and the combination is to die for! Don’t even get me started on how scrumptious the garlic-herb roasted tomatoes are! I could seriously just eat them alone with some toasted baguette slices and I would be in heaven! This is that perfect entertaining dish that can be eaten as a dip or pre-assembled and served as a crostini.
My three daughters are super picky eaters, so I was pleasantly surprised when they loved it, too!
Prefer to watch a video? Scroll down to watch it now!
Here are some of the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe.
Finely chop garlic and herbs.
Pour goat cheese and cream cheese into a small bowl.
Mix goat cheese and cream cheese until combined.
Add chives, thyme, kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper over the goat cheese and cream cheese and mix until combined.
Then add parmesan cheese and mix until evenly combined.
Add extra virgin olive oil to baking dish and rub all over the dish with a brush or your fingers to coat the dish.
Add goat cheese mixture to the baking dish and spread evenly.
Bake for about 15 minutes until the sides have turned a golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool down.
Brush each baguette slice with olive oil and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes until baguette slices have turned golden brown.
Remove from oven and rub each slice of baguette with a piece of raw garlic while the bread is still warm.
I like to place the baguette slices into a bread basket lined with either a napkin or clean and fresh kitchen towels that are reserved only for this purpose.
Now it’s time to prep the garlic roasted tomato mixture that will go on top of the goat cheese dip.
Slice rainbow cherry tomatoes in half and placer onto baking sheet prepared with parchment paper.
Add basil, thyme, garlic, kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper and olive oil over the tomatoes and mix until combined.
Roast for about 15 minutes or until tomato skins have started to blister and garlic has turned a slight golden brown.
Pour roasted tomatoes over the cooled goat cheese dish.
- 10 ounces Goat Cheese log softened
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon thyme, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 Cups (16 ounces) rainbow cherry tomatoes
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped. Plus 1 extra garlic clove to rub onto toasted baguette slices.
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon freshly cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Baguette, sliced into thin pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil to brush onto baguette slices. Plus, 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (to coat the baking dish)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut baguette into thin quarter-inch pieces and place onto a baking sheet. Brush each slice with extra virgin olive oil and bake until golden brown (about 10 minutes). Then rub each baguette slice with a piece of raw garlic and then set aside.
- Combine goat cheese and cream cheese in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add parmesan cheese, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix with a spoon or fork until combined. Pour into oiled baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven allow to cool.
- Combine rainbow cherry tomatoes, garlic, thyme, basil, kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper and olive together. Place onto baking sheet prepared with parchment paper and roast until for 15 minutes or until tomato skins have started to blister and garlic has turned a slight golden brown.
- Pour garlic roasted rainbow cherry tomatoes over the cooled goat cheese dip and serve with toasted baguette slices.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 1084mg Carbohydrates: 26g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 14g
If you love this recipe, share the love with friends or pin to Pinterest 🙂
Love & Hugs,