Herbed Goat Cheese Dip with Garlic Roasted Cherry Tomatoes is a perfect three-cheese blend mixed with fragrant herbs, baked until golden and melty, then topped with roasted, blistering cherry tomatoes bursting with tanginess. Served with crispy, garlic crostini, this easy-to-make goat cheese dip is addictively delicious and impressive!
Post Updated: March, 2020
Herbed Goat Cheese Dip with Garlic Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
This herbed goat cheese dip recipe is so rich and decadent, it’s going to have you begging for more! It’s both rustic and elegant and perfect to serve as a family snack or when you’re entertaining.
The Flavor Combination
The three-cheese blend taste sublime together! The added cream cheese and salty parmesan cheese lighten up the pungent goat cheese flavor. Thyme and chives add a light and subtle herb flavor. Together, you get a tasty goat cheese dip to be devoured by all! No exaggeration here!
Prefer to watch a video?
This Goat Cheese Dip is:
- Mixed with three kinds of cheese for that extra decadence that you’ll love!
- Warm, creamy with roasted tomato tanginess
- Perfect for dipping
- Super easy to make and ready in under 30 minutes
- Richly addictive
- Beginner cook-friendly
- A huge hit, guaranteed
Ingredients to Make the Best Goat Cheese Dip:
- Goat cheese: traditional and unflavored is the one you’ll need for this recipe
- Cream Cheese: full fat or low-fat works fine, but I prefer full fat in this recipe. The cream cheese really lightens up the goat cheese flavor and makes it even creamier. It also makes it a little more cost-effective if you’re feeding a crowd.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: preferably the kind found in the refrigerated section and not the powdered kind found on shelves. I like to buy mine from Trader Joe’s.
- Fresh Thyme: for that unmistakable earthy flavor.
- Fresh Chives: adds a subtle onion layer of flavor.
For the Garlic Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, You’ll Need:
- Cherry Tomatoes. I’m using rainbow cherry tomatoes because I love the variety of flavors. Use any type of cherry tomatoes you prefer or whichever you can find.
- Garlic, diced finely
- Fresh Basil, finely chopped
- Fresh Thyme, finely chopped
- Olive Oil
- Freshly cracked Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt or Sea Salt
For the Crostini You’ll Need:
- A crusty Baguette
- Olive Oil
- Garlic, for rubbing onto the warm baguette. This gives a subtle yet delicious garlic bread flavor!
Can I Make This Goat Cheese Dip Ahead?
Yes, you can make it ahead with some adjustments:
- For the three-cheese and herb mixture: I recommend prepping the cream cheese mixture up to 3 days in advance. Store it in a glass bowl covered with cling wrap. Before baking, bring it to room temperature, place into an oiled baking dish, and bake in a preheated oven. You can bake it 1 to 3 hours before serving. Best served warm.
- For the roasted tomatoes: can be fully cooked up to three days in advance and stored in the fridge until ready to use. To warm, pour the tomato mixture onto some parchment paper, and pop into a pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes until warmed through.
- For the crostini: can be made about 4-6 hours before serving. Toast the baguette slices just until very lightly golden, but still a little soft. Then immediately rub each slice with a piece of garlic while the bread is still hot. The bread will dry out and get really hard after about a day.
Qick Overview: How to Make Goat Cheese Dip
The full recipe and instructions are in the recipe card below, but I like adding step by step photos with instructions for those that like to follow along with pictures 🙂
Step 1: Wash and dry the thyme and chives. Then chop them up finely and set to the side.
Step 2: In a medium-sized bowl, mix together goat cheese cream cheese until well combined.
Step 3: Add chives, thyme, parmesan cheese, kosher salt, and freshly cracked black pepper over the goat cheese and cream cheese and mix until combined.
Step 4: Add extra virgin olive oil to a baking dish. Rub all over with a brush or your fingers to evenly coat the dish.
Step 5: Add the goat cheese mixture to the baking dish and spread evenly.
Step 6: Bake for about 15 minutes until the sides have turned a golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool down.
Step 7: Brush each baguette slice with olive oil and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes until baguette slices have turned golden brown.
Step 8: Remove baguette pieces from the oven. Using the cut side of a raw garlic clove, rub each baguette slice with the raw garlic clove while the bread is still warm.
I like to place the baguette slices into a bread basket lined with either a napkin or clean and fresh kitchen towels that are reserved only for this purpose.
Now it’s time to prep the garlic roasted tomato mixture that will go on top of the goat cheese dip:
Step 10: Slice rainbow cherry tomatoes in half and place them onto a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper. Add basil, thyme, finely diced garlic, kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper, and olive oil over the tomatoes and mix until combined.
Step 11: Roast for about 15 minutes or until tomato skins have started to blister and garlic has turned a slight golden brown.
Step 12: Pour garlic roasted tomatoes over the cooled goat cheese dish and serve.
More Delicious Recipes!
For the Cheese Mixture:
- 10 ounces goat cheese log softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (to coat the baking dish)
For the Cherry Tomato Mixture:
- 2 cups (16 ounces) rainbow cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked Black Pepper
For the Crostini:
- 1 baguette, sliced diagonally into thin pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil to brush onto baguette slices
- 1 garlic clove (for rubbing onto toasted baguette slices.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut baguette into thin quarter-inch pieces and place onto a baking sheet. Brush each slice with extra virgin olive oil and bake until golden brown (about 10 minutes). Then rub each baguette slice with a piece of raw garlic clove, set aside.
- Combine goat cheese and cream cheese in a medium-sized bowl. Add chives, thyme, kosher salt, and freshly cracked black pepper over the goat cheese and cream cheese and mix until combined. Then add parmesan cheese. Mix until evenly combined.
- Pour goat cheese herb mixture into an oiled baking dish, spread out evenly, and bake for 15 minutes or until edges begin turning golden brown. Remove from the oven allow to cool on a heatproof surface.
- Combine rainbow cherry tomatoes, garlic, thyme, basil, kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper, and olive oil together. Place onto a baking sheet that has been prepared with parchment paper. Roast for about 15 minutes or until tomato skins have started to blister and garlic has turned a slight golden brown.
- Pour garlic roasted rainbow cherry tomatoes over the cooled goat cheese dip and serve with toasted baguette slices.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 1084mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g
If you love this recipe, share the love with friends or pin to Pinterest 🙂
Love & Hugs,