If you’re looking for a delicious and quick potato recipe then you’re going to love these three herb garlic parmesan roasted potatoes! They are the perfect homestyle roasted potatoes to serve for breakfast, brunch or as a side dish for dinner. They’re also elegant enough to serve as a side dish for any holiday get-together!
These are definitely the kind of potatoes you’ll want add to your repertoire of tried and tested recipes that are easy and quick to make that do not disappoint!
I’ve never been the kind of person that can go on the sort of diet that doesn’t allow me to
What I love about this recipe is that it’s super simple to make. Honestly, I just can’t see how you could mess this recipe up.
Prefer to watch a video?
What Kind of Potatoes Should You Use?
Small Yukon Gold potatoes are my potato of choice for this recipe! I just love the taste of Yukon Gold potatoes. The flavor compliments all the herbs and other ingredients in this recipe perfectly! They’re a little buttery without being starchy like an Idaho or russet potato and they’re not waxy like a red skin potato. I also love that they just look a little more elegant than other potatoes, too.
My second potato of choice for this recipe would be to use New potatoes. New potatoes have a very thin skin and they would work perfectly in this recipe.
You can substitute this recipe with any other thin-skin potato. The flavor, as well as cooking time, will vary. If you decide to use russet potatoes, hold off on adding the parmesan cheese until the last 10 minutes of cooking. Russet potatoes take longer to cook and the parmesan cheese will burn before the potatoes are finished.
Rosemary, thyme, chives, garlic, lemon zest, parmesan cheese, extra virgin olive oil, freshly cracked black pepper and kosher salt are the ingredients in this recipe.
I added lemon zest for that little extra surprise flavor and it goes so well in this recipe!
I absolutely love rosemary in any roasted potatoes recipe! You can easily slide the rosemary leaves off of the stem like this.
Three herbs and garlic.
Finely chop rosemary, thyme, chives and garlic.
Cut potatoes into one-inch or one and a half inch chunks.
Sprinkle garlic, rosemary, thyme, chives, freshly cracked black pepper and kosher salt over the potatoes.
How to Zest a Lemon
As shown in the below image, using a Microplane (or a cheese grater), grate only the yellow surface of the lemon in one long stroke from one end to the other end. Be sure not to grate too deeply into the white pith part of the lemon as the white pith is bitter.
Sprinkle lemon zest, over the potatoes and mix potatoes with your hands until all the potatoes are evenly coated with the ingredients.
Lastly, sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top of the potatoes.
Do not mix potatoes after adding the parmesan cheese.
Bake until golden brown for about 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with another dusting of parmesan cheese before serving.
- 12 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese. Plus 2 Tablespoons for sprinkling on top after cooking.
- 2 Tablespoons Rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Thyme, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Chives, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 Teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash potatoes to remove any dirt, pat them dry and cut into one inch chunks and then place them onto prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle chopped garlic and finely chopped rosemary, thyme and chives over potatoes. Then drizzle with 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper and lemon zest. Then mix all ingredients with your hands until the potatoes are evenly coated with the ingredients.
- Then sprinkle with parmesan cheese and place into pre-heated oven and bake until golden brown (about 30-35 minutes).
- Sprinkle with more fresh parmesan cheese before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 890mg Carbohydrates: 47g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g
If you love this recipe, share the love with friends or pin to Pinterest 🙂
Love & Hugs,